Thursday 14 January 2016

Oil and Acrylic on Canvas.







I am so proud of the clouds on the far left, I think I went to dark with the other ones, but with it being such a big canvas (175cm wide) the paint dried really fast. Which meant there was lots of layers of paint, so It was a bit textured, but with the quality of cameras these days it hasn't mattered too much in the picture. I only did the mountains and clouds because it was making me really sad not being able to paint in a non realistic style, I definitely was meant to be more creative, I also plan on finishing the painting in a non realistic manner, I knew it just wouldn't sit well with the imagery so I basically told myself not to get upset over it and just get it over with. That's pretty much how this project ended, do I regret not doing more? Well looking back I actually think I've done a decent amount of practical work, but saying that I know myself and I know I haven't reached my potential, but it just means I have to push the boat out in extended practice. I am very greatful for finding out about all the magicians behind live action films and I have so much respect for them and therefore I appreciate the research I have carried out. I also think next project I need to be less indecisive, make decisions a lot faster so I'll definitely have to plan lock down dates. Otherwise that will be my downfall. Anyways I hope you've enjoyed the exploration of matte painting and my soul, bye x

No comments:

Post a Comment