Thursday 10 December 2015

Tutorial 5

Good Progress on Essay!! [4,000 words, half way through!]

Wizard of Oz chapter needs revisiting, it's very descriptive, and the description there could be more critical. Think about what you are actually trying to say. Well I'm trying to compare the two main processes, maybe add a concluding paragraph. [I have now done this, and it reads so much better.]

Start to think about the chapter on your work. You need to demonstrate your synthesis. [This is easier said than done when I don't have any practical work.]

Don't neglect your practical. Aim to get your essay finished within the next week and then you can solely concentrate on your practical.

It will be easier if you come up with a backstory for your practical so you can hang everything off of it.

Identify exactly what you are going to provide in the practical.
So far I'm thinking a traditional matte, oil on glass. A digital matte and a piece that's a combination.
Does it relate to the original statement of intent?


Also from the crit the following day, I realise that there is no discussion on what is a background and what is a matte, so this should be brought up in my essay but I don't know where this would fit in, Annabeth suggested the conclusion but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment