Wednesday 1 April 2015

Idea 4





For Idea four my inspiration really comes from my insights into the future of animation with Occulus Rift. It was brought to my attention that google have a kit you can buy to create a headset with your phone inside.

I think there's a real future for this, because the occulus rift is still completely unaffordable for the working man, but the concept of being immersed into a game or film that fools your senses will give a new experience to the pleasure of the digital world and experiencing animation. I think the idea of handmade headsets really adds to the craftsman inside people, and I think actually people would get an equal satisfaction from making the headset.


https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/get-cardboard.html

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/02/22/mattel-teams-up-with-google-for-high-tech-view-master/


So now I've given a bit of background about the inspiration itself, now I shall explain the idea. So I'd have some printed nets to make a headset and rotoscope some of the rooms in LCA like the library and the canteen, in 360degree format. See link below for the best 360degree photo taking apps that could be used to rotoscope from. I think I do each one in different mediums to really push the Leeds college of art feeling, and then do promotional stands for people to take the net and experience the college from another art student's point of view.


http://appadvice.com/appguides/show/best-panoramic-photo-apps



As much as I love this idea, there is no way I would want to do it half heartedly. I also think that this project would be so much more fun if I could get other people involved to really draw the craftsman out of them and put it into the digital age. For example if a textiles artist would want to sew a 360degree drawing of one of the room, or maybe if a threeD student wanted to create a replica of the image out of cardboard. I think this would make this project work a lot better, but I just don't have enough time to organise it, but I think the concept would be so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment