Friday 17 April 2015

Final StoryBoard

So there's quite a few changes from the initial plan. I really didn't expect so many panels to take so long. I chose to use tangerine and burnt sienna paint underneath the black pen because a lot of the scenes involve sunrises and sunsets, and let's just be honest everything looks magical in magic hour.

The storyboard were hand drawn on paper just larger than A2, I think all together they look really effective but individually don't work as well. I'm so proud of this story, I feel like it's one of my top ones. I think if it was to be made, as a storyboard it fulfils its purpose it explains exactly what needs to happen, I think if I was to make it, there's a few things I would add to it. I think that as a storyboard/comic strip it works, but visualising the animation, because there's no dialogue, I think their would need to be a few more scenes to give the words away. I'm not sure there's enough of the man before the robot to show that he doesn't talk to his family. I think you could also really push the emotional range of the characters because of this lack of dialogue. It'd be an interesting project to make.





Now the sheets were too big for the large scanner as they quite a bit larger that A2. So please see physical hand in for the storyboard.















Mini Evaluation of COP:

I found it really difficult to discover what I wanted to write about for my essay, because I didn't feel inspired by the lectures, but once James sat down with me and dicussed what I was interested in, I found it really inspiring to read about the craftsman, and Eyes of the Skin was such a good book. I think for next year I really need to decide what my dissertation is going to be on before summer starts so I can do the reading early because some of the books are so difficult to read, it's like every other word you have to look up in a dictionary. I think that's what I've found hardest this time round, and also getting an inspiring idea to commit to for the practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment