Wednesday 11 March 2015

Idea 2




For this second idea, I looked into the hybridity of animation and film. The congress is an example of 2D animation combined with film, I don't think this is as directly related to my essay though, because the 2D animation is primarily computer generated, it's not classic traditional techniques, so I looked into other types of live action combined with animation.

Rob 'n' Ron is one that my blog has covered before as inspiration, but the combination of 3D CG (Maya to be precise) use of character animation with homemade sets, mean that there is a craft in the sets, so I feel this may be more prevalent to this module. However realistically it is a lot of work for this module. But it is definitely something I would like to try.



Rob 'n' Ron - Making of from Tumblehead on Vimeo.


This advert for a festival combines, live action, stop motion and 2D animation and it's so beautifully done. I think this would be something achievable in the time frame, but I'd need a good narrative so I think this idea would be a good one to merge at this stage with a narrative. To develop this further I'd need to work on that.


 
Dockville Trailer 2011 from robert loebel on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment