Wednesday 11 March 2015

Idea 1

For each of my idea's I have considered the use of both traditional and digital hybrids.

So for my first idea, I wanted to think of something really simple yet effective to do within the timescale we have for this module.

I discovered Walt Disney's Multiplane camera which involves using painted backgrounds on big sheets of glass and they winch them left and right at different speeds on several layers. This invention led to major development in animation terms and now a days we can recreate that quite simply with 3D layers in after effects.



So this one is from a tutorial we had in applied animation which shows how we could add depth to a scene by separating an image on photoshop through layers and being able to move sideways and in and out of the scene effectively.

My attempt with the example layers:

[INSERT MY ATTEMPT HERE]


Common uses in industry include in the sky movies pack advert, where it goes from a snowy scene to the western genre to a scifi scene and ends on a waterfall.


I then looked into another way of doing a parallax background because I thought I could merge it with a traditionally drawn walk cycle, like the character is walking into the future of animation techniques with this hybridity.





So to develop this idea, I think I'd the character from Idea 3 traditionally drawn and I'd develop the background to show the passage of time.


NB: Here is another example of parallax if I was more into illustration I could explore and show the development of time and technology in a massive image that zooms in.

http://www.creativebloq.com/web-design/parallax-scrolling-1131762

No comments:

Post a Comment